Landscaping and Design
Garden design & landscaping services. From planning to design and build, we'll turn your dream garden into reality
Papillon offers a complete design and installation service for your gardens, or a design-only service for clients who wish to do the gardening themselves. We pride ourselves on our quality service, and believe in recycling materials wherever possible and reducing waste as an environmentally aware company.
A garden design package includes an initial consultation and site visit to the garden. Plans are then drawn up taking into account personal preferences, available maintenance, and the natural environment of the site. After the design process, Angelique and her team provide professional garden installation, with all waste recycled whenever possible. Finally, clients are provided with a guide detailing how to care for their plants to ensure the long term success of their new outdoor space.
To start the process of planning your own perfect outdoor space, please contact us!
Initial consultations include a preliminary survey and a sketch of what we have discussed at this meeting, a computer-drawn scaled garden design, and a quote based on this design.
Papillon provides a thorough design through to construction service.
Our success is founded on the creativity of our garden designers, the capability, focus on quality and craftsmanship of our construction team, and essentially, the belief and trust of our Clients. Our continued success is determined by the quality and commitment of our team.
Our design process is quite unique. Here is the summary of it:
- Meet at client's property to be designed, testing the boundaries of what can be done with the property. We do sketches and challenge the client's views on what they think they want and why. We leave the property with a view on the options that are acceptable to the client and the preferred style
- Back at the office, we create a mood board for the clients to view which often tests the style that they want - to ensure that we can 'see into their thoughts' to understand their likes and dislikes
- We produce between two and four concept level drawings with photos to help depict what the 2D drawings will feel like
- Clients come to our design office to go over the concept level drawings and we often end up with a final design (often a mixture of 2 or more concepts). Discussing at our office means that we can show them our display garden and samples of lots of the materials and what material is appropriate for what use / style and explain more about the choices of materials with respect to costs.
- A final drawing is produced. At this point they can build themselves, or we can quote on the job. When we do a quote, we specify ranges so that the clients can learn what the low and high could be based on ground conditions or choice of materials. We believe that this allows a more fair representation of the options on the work and leaves the client in control.
Every garden and client is different, so we tailor our pricing to suit each project's unique challenges and opportunities.
A fully-qualified, professionally-designed and contructed outdoor space can make a massive positive difference to the way you use your home and your lifestyle, and will often cost less than you thought.
The first step is an email or phone call - so please just get in touch and tell us all about your plans -
Examples of our Design process
Garden Plants and Maintenance Services
With RHS qualified supervision we offer a wide range of maintenance services to keep your garden looking at it’s best all year round;
- Plant maintenance and care, this could include pruning, mulching and feeding.
- Seasonal garden care, for example; Autumn and Spring tidy, weeding throughout the growing season. Winter shrub pruning and bare root tree planting, frost protection.
- Plant sourcing and supply, sometimes those desirable plants you’ve spotted in a magazine or when visiting an historic garden aren’t easily found in your local garden centre, we can help by using our network of trade and specialist nurseries to track them down for you.
- Plants and planting advice.
- Garden enhancement. Perhaps you don’t require a full garden redesign but instead some carefully chosen plants to complement your existing planting scheme.
- Ground preparation and improvement.
- Maintenance plans.
- Free estimates within 10 miles of the office.
We now can supply you with an illustration of your garden plans or garden planting prior to going ahead with the work for an additional fee. Katia, on behalf of Papillon, can bring your garden to life in a perspective painting. Here's one that she has recently completed!