Country Garden – Banchory
Following the build of a large modern house at the foot of the Banchory hills and on the steep bank of the river Feugh, our clients were looking for a garden designer to help connect the harsh lines of the house with 8 acres of surrounding land. Papillon helped by offering a unique, innovative solution to help the family enjoy their tranquil location.
It was a design that needed to be cost conscious but with a flair for design and taming of the natural slopes that were too steep to conquer!
There were several firsts for Papillon Designs and Landscaping:
- first garden design of this size
- first garden construction of this size
- first grassy meadows this large in the NE Scotland (largest in the area sown by any company reference Scotia Seeds)
- most native garden planting scheme
- bespoke Cor-ten steel sculpture commissioned by Papillon on behalf of the client
- bespoke brick pizza oven
- innovative curved fencing area to cozy up the social area and filter the wind