Country Garden – Banchory
After the clients built a large modern house at the foot of the Banchory hills and on the steep bank of the river Feugh, they started a search for a garden designer who would help them connect the harsh lines of the house with the 8 acres of surrounding land. They’ve chosen Papillon for standing up to the challenge and offering a unique, innovative solution for them to enjoy their tranquil location.
It was a design that needed to be cost conscious but with a flair for design and taming of the natural slopes that were too steep to conquer!
There were several firsts for Papillon Designs and Landscaping Ltd:
- first garden design of this size
- first garden construction of this size
- first grassy meadows this large in the NE Scotland (largest in the area sown by any company reference Scotia Seeds)
- most native garden planting scheme
- bespoke Cor-ten steel sculpture commissioned by Papillon on behalf of the client
- bespoke brick pizza oven
- innovative curved fencing area to cozy up the social area and filter the wind
Cooking in the Great Outdoors – Even in ScotlandBefore we got involved, the clients had built this amazing house but had lived in it for two years before knowing what to do with the outdoor space. The clients love cooking and entertaining and were keen to have outdoor cooking and social areas. We took their practical requirements and designed around that to make their garden more interesting. The new garden includes an outdoor kitchen and BBQ area in the back garden with curving paths to the front garden and parking area and the vegetable growing areas with spectacular lights installed so that the clients can enjoy their garden in the winter time as well.